Saturday 28 July 2012

My first basketball team - the obsession begins

I guess I should explain how I became so interested in basketball.

It all started when I first watch our local national basketball league (NBL) on tv with my mum. It was showing the local team, the Perth Wildcats, playing at home, playing against the Melbourne Tigers. I don't remember the result of the game but what I do remember is that it was the first game I watched.

The next day, everyone at school was talking about the game against the Tigers. I remember it become such a distraction to the class that the class (well mainly the boys) was told off and told to get back to school work.

But when lunch break started, everyone went to the basketball court and we started to play, which somewhat resembles a organised game of basketball.

From those series of events began the obsession with the local league (NBL), the American league (NBA), basketball lingo, shoes and style.....

No comments:

Post a Comment